Monday, January 25, 2010

Procrastination.

The word that most describes my feelings and actions toward homework. Procrastination. Laziness.


I feel like I have better things to do with my day than to sit around and do homework for hours on end. It's just not how I feel I should spend my weekend. Granted, I like education. I like learning and growing, but I don't like having to worry more about classes over the weekend. It's illogical. At least we only have a few more months left of high school homework... I'm sure it gets worse in college, though. But oh well, college will be so much better for me. I'm very much sick of the high school scene. It almost feels as if it's a club or something, rather than a requirement. People don't treat school like it should be treated. Though, no one really likes classes anyway... I'm just looking forward to taking classes that I want to take. That will be fantastic.

Recently, I've been realizing how complex things really are that have never seemed so. What ever happened to the simple routine of every day? What happened to waking up, eating breakfast, getting ready, going to school, & coming home? Now, it goes drag your ass out of bed, throw on whatever's not dirty, skip breakfast (just drink coffee), drag around school all day, go to rehearsal or work, then come home and work on hours of homework. This is all growing up, I suppose... It all just feels surreal. I feel like everytime I look in the mirror, I look like I'm still 14 years old, rather than 18. A legal adult. Capable of making life-altering decisions. It's just total confusion and craziness.


How low can you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment